- There is NO SCHOOL Tomorrow, Friday, Sept 26th as the faculty and I will be attending professional development.
- A TREMENDOUS THANK YOU to all of our volunteers who made our Oktoberfest such an enormous success!
- This coming Wednesday & Thursday, October 1st & 2nd, are Picture Days! Another email will follow shortly to give more information on when each grade will have their day.
- I am in the process of updating, reviewing and adding to our emergency procedures and drills. There will be a silent fire drill this coming Monday to familiarize students with new rally points and procedures. Later in the week, we will have a full fire drill with alarm.
- ATTENTION! Recently, there was some questions and feedback regarding Kiddos lunch orders and field trips. As with any new lunch program, the first month can come with some hiccups. I have spoken with Kiddos and from this point forward, any class that has a field trip will be reported to Kiddos so that in case a parent has made an order, the order will be canceled and the amount credited to you. We apologize for any inconvenience!
- This week, we began our Adoration for Students on Tuesdays between Mass weeks. This is a great experience for the students to be in the presence of Jesus and to experience silence, which is such a rarity in our busy and noisy lives. Thank you to Fr. Bob, Fr. Gos, Kirsten Solmos & Legia Uhm for helping to make this possible.
- A reminder that the Parish October Rosary Kick-off will be on Sunday, October 5th. Please click on the following link for more information. OCTOBER ROSARY
- Just a reminder that any parent who wished to volunteer must go through the ‘Protecting God’s Children’ program with the Archdiocese. If you wish to volunteer, but have not completed the program, or have questions regarding it, please contact me. We have set up a VIRTUS training date (also a one-time requirement for volunteering) here at the parish graciously presented by Mr. Peter Frank, one of our parishioners. The Training will be on Sunday, October 12th, at 1:00 p.m in the Church annex. To register, click on the following link VIRTUS REGISTRATION . Select the Chicago Archdiocese and create a username and password. If you wish to attend a session earlier at another location, you are welcome to do so. Please bring your certificate of completion to the school.
- Our website is currently under construction and we plan to unveil our new site in a few weeks. Please check our Facebook page in the meantime for information.
- Please be mindful of our parking lot procedures for pick-up and drop-off. Please click on the following link for the diagram. PARKING LOT PROCEDURE
I was astounded by not only how many St. Joseph families I saw at Oktoberfest, but also how many families I did not know. This was a wonderful thing! I was very encouraged to hear from people I did not know that we are quite a discussion topic in the community in many positive ways. This is a testament to our St. Joseph Family. We have so much to celebrate and be grateful for as a community.
As Fall is here and we move out of this busy September, let us remember to take some quality time and spend time with our families. There are some long weekends ahead which afford the perfect opportunity for this. As I hear repeatedly from so many, we truly need to enjoy this time with our children as they will grow up quickly. Personally, I watch our son, who just turned two, and our nine month old daughter growing so quickly. My wife and I find ourselves reflecting on this frequently when we watch them play, or hold them at night. Though all children come with challenges, they are blessings and make us better in the process. Take time, as this is part of our year of performing miraculous deeds. Parenting is a miraculous deed.
Wishing everyone a beautiful weekend,
Mr. Laszlo Katona