Must our family be parishioners of St. Joseph Church to register?
No. Admission is offered to non-parishioner families; however, it is based upon the availability of classroom space and resources.
Must a student be Catholic?
No. We admit students who are not Catholic provided that these students will not displace Catholic students and that both students and parents clearly understand that participation in Catholic religious instruction and school activities related to the Catholic identity of the School.
Does the School use a priority in registration?
Yes. Students are enrolled based on the following priority:
1. Currently enrolled parishioner students
2. Siblings of enrolled parishioner students
3. New parishioner students
4. Currently enrolled non-parishioner students
5. Siblings of enrolled non-parishioner students
6. New non-parishioner students
Based on registration priority, a waiting list is started once the maximum number of children per grade is reached.
Is it too early to register for the 2018-2019 school year?
Student registration for families currently attending the school will start in early January 2018. Enrollment for new families will begin a few weeks after that.
What is the class size?
In order to maintain our high standards in both learning and instruction, we have set the following guidelines for the maximum number of students in a given class:
- 2 year old: 12 students per section (with teacher and aide)
- Early Childhood: 20 students per section (with teacher and aide)
- Kindergarten through 4th grade: 18 students per class
- 5th through 8th grades: 20 students per class
These guidelines are well below the Archdiocese of Chicago maximums of thirty-five students per class.
What are the age requirements for admission?
- 2 year old: Child must be two by September 1st
- 3 year old program: Child must be three by September 1st
- Junior Kindergarten: Children must be four by September 1st
- Kindergarten: Children must be five by September 1st
- For all other grades, transcripts must show successful completion of the prior grade.
Is the kindergarten full day or half day?
Both junior kindergarten and kindergarten are full day programs.