Dear St. Joseph Family,
It seems that winter would like to give us a reminder of the snow we missed. But reflecting on our calendar this year, I must admit that we must have had a bit of divine intervention when planning the calendar this year. We happened to be off on the Friday when the Cubs celebrated their World Series win with a parade and we happen to be off this Monday as a late season snow storm hits. Despite the weather, we are now in our final trimester and are in our final three months. As we hunker down for the snow, there are a few points I would like to share:
REMINDER!! There is NO SCHOOL this coming
Monday, March 13th. This is a Faculty Professional Development Day.
- The PSO has been extraordinarily busy the last few weeks! A tremendous THANK YOU for a wonderfully organized and executed Benefit Auction! The event was a big success! Special thank you to our Benefit Committee and its chairs; Marcy Alspach & Jean Robinson!
Another great big THANK YOU for our festive St. Joseph St. Patrick’s Day Party this weekend! There was great food, music, and the always popular Irish Dancers. Special thanks to our chair; Colleen Lazar & Stacy Stutz!
- REMINDER! This coming Wednesday, March 15th, is School Mass at 10:30 am. Don’t forget your Mass uniforms.
- This coming Friday, March 17th, will be a special Out-of-Uniform Day for St. Patrick’s Day! Come dressed in your festive green!
- Our Junior High students had a remarkably strong performance at the Regional Science Fair Competition! 33% of our Junior High has qualified for State in either the paper session or poster presentation! We congratulate our young scientists on their work!
Science Expo for Kdg-6th: Our Annual Science Expo will be the late afternoon/evening of March 22nd in Meter Hall.
We encourage our young scientists in Kdg through 6th grade to participate and showcase their skills. Click on the link for more details: SCIENCE EXPO
This evening will also be an Open House for prospective parents. After the events, we are all invited to come over to the Church and participate in the Parish Mission at 7:30.
- Lenten Mission at St. Joseph Parish will be next week on Monday through Wednesday Evenings, March 20-22, at 7:30 pm in the Church. Our Mission Leader this year will be Fr. James Kubicki, SJ. This year’s mission is entitled Following in the Footsteps of St. Joseph. Click on the following link for details. PARISH MISSION
Fr. Kubicki will also be coming around to visit the students in all grades on Monday and Tuesday of the Mission. Also, look for a special email this Monday that will give you more information on not only this mission, but also about what a mission is. Stay tuned!
- Family Promise: St. Joseph Parish will again soon host needy families for a week in our convent. We need your help! If you are interested in volunteering, please click on the following link for details. FAMILY PROMISE
I wish everyone a very pleasant week!
Mr. Laszlo Katona